This, today is my entrance onto the superhighway. I know your impressed.
Around the 12th May things in the ether were flagging for me, so much so that I thought my ISP had been sold down the river.
That was the beginning of a long and painful affair with the Post Office customer services department.
I have become a seasoned Speed Tester. My stats falling day by day. The speed of the mac painfully slow, achingly grinding to a halt in the evening with more Traffic. Usual readings are these above, The ones above are todays prior to this Blog at 5.20pm. So you get the picture don't you...
The supplier I have is Post Office for Phone and Broadband and I have been happy and supplied with a perfect fast service for 7 odd years until now.
Compliance
I call them, I listen to instruction, I get put on hold, I comply with speed checking over a 48 hour period (results sent directly to them) and I wait.
I have waited for days to hear Why this slow speed is happening to me. My contract as was all those yrs ago was for 8mb max for my area (rural!)
Ok, not amazingly superduper fast but good, It worked great. The occasional Blip and fart but nothing to bring the house down.
Customer Services
Courteous, understanding and helpful ... but nothing they tell you works I have the phone socket unscrewed from the wall, the outer casing that is (under instruction) the phone cable plugs directly into test socket now. I have been told I needed to buy a new filter. Fine. Of course nothing worked - Pie in the ether sky. Limping along still with peanut speed and shutting down the Mac of an evening.
Resolution
Case management team man called on the 26th, he had seen speed test results. Acceptance of a problem by him but not by the Engineers of P.office? Well, knock me over, How can this be?
Case Management 0 - Engineers 1
The bigger party who refuse to get off their butts say I have no issues on my line as I had 6.7mbps twice within a month. Sorry i'll say that again so you can catch it .... TWICE, IN A MONTH. So that accounts for my internet speed being fine.
Courtesy - Google Images.
Shocked
I was told I will be given a credit for the time I have had no internet (as from the time of official speed tests) £3.59 was taken off, my newly arrived bill was amended to £73.62. Am I grateful? NO, of course I am not.
I am still paying for intermittent Internet
I am let down disgustingly by a once very British company
I am bruised by refusal of acknowledgement
I am shocked by lack of customer care
I cannot run my website unless early hours of the morning.
I cannot use Flickr " " " " " "
Anything to do with Photography is a Painful Struggle - Uploading and Downloading. My work is suffering.
I am a photographer but why should they care.
No comments:
Post a Comment