Heatwave days
It’s 10 o’clock in the morning and the air is warm to breathe in, still and quiet. Blue skies for miles up above make me feel insignificant and small sitting here, just a dot in the world. I know I’m not of course as the coffee in hands tell me so, realistically I’m me. A person in my garden enjoying a freshly ground coffee in the morning, just observing what is around me but it’s nice to dream.
The cornflowers stand tall, slightly waving like tall blue flags to let the bumblebees know they are there for them. Bumblebees come and waggle their way over the flowers then pop over to the Fusia that hangs its flower heads, hiding its larder from the bees. The nightscented stock has its flowers closed during the day, resting until evening comes. Later, the tiny star flowers open to show pale purple beauties on mass with a scent that wafts into our front room.
In the bird bath a new small young bluetit has come to take a drink, so small and not quiet with his blue cap in hand. Sitting here just watching and listening wildlife does not disappoint, there are butterflies and hover flies too, a Blackbird and robin and last night a Thrush hopped her way through the pots for her snail shop.
When it’s quiet here where I live, I love the beauty. A sanctuary of the garden is a body and mind healing space. I take time to observe what goes on around me. When I was heavily into photography I had peace with myself and mind, since not participating so much my mind and heart is feeling empty. That peace that I once found is missing, trying to get that feeling again is hard and but I strive to get it. If I do not have a quiet peaceful living space, free of noise pollution I am nothing. God bless the birds and the bees.

No comments:
Post a Comment