Sharethis

Times they have a changed

This new life

A lot has changed for me one the last couple months, I have moved house and got used to sharing my life and living space again with a partner. A choice we made together over a longtime! I took the longest time to decide I hasten to add as being the longest on my own, I had to think hard about what I was giving up. As it turns out, it was the right decision and I was going to give up not a lot so I have no regrets at all! We should have got to it sooner but we are crazily played back and forbiddingly lazy!
So here we are in a life for two.
The house feels loved, warm and inviting. A home that is welcoming with music playing, computers buzzing and people chatting. The smell of home cooked food radiates through and sometimes homemade Jams bubble away on the stove.
It is a beautifully harmonious and I cannot ask for more in my life.


Flowers on the table in the dining room are always something I love to see, the sunshine though the petals in the morning lights me up. This room we decorated together and it was hard, if anything was going to test us out this was it! We survived and use it often and love it. It is inviting, a gorgeous warm room with a view for meandering and thinking.



We have a small little bit garden outside the back door which I have taken over as my own. I brought with me my weird and wonderfuls from my old home and have revamped things to re-home them here. There are some of my favourite things here in this tiny piece of the garden and each day I am tending to it.


Steve is a chef and apart from making some glorious other food this has to be one of my all time favourites, A baked cheesecake. To have the smell of this floating through the house is more than homely, heavenly comes to mind! This one was not destined for our tummies but for his place of work :(
We have some fun in making these, yes I do lend a hand after all that is what it is all about isn't it, togetherness. We are good together, we work well together and even when we don't talk and are quiet it still works.


The Jams. 
Steve is a hot jam maker, I am a hot jam jar cleaner and jam potter! I label and make them fancy but Steve is a very good Jam maker. My Jams are OK but some do not set, Rhubarb and Lavender is good though! 
I adore this life, I am happy, we are happy. We made the right decision, it may have taken us a longtime to get to where we are now but we did and we are here. My conclusion is that no matter how long it takes to make a decision, make sure it is right for both of you. Do not just jump in if one is unsure, wait until you feel it is now or never.


Make your home together even if one has made the home theirs already. Putting your belongings into a 'used' lived in house is hard and unless your partner is  understanding how you feel and gives a little, it will not work out well they do get you and you will fight. Keep harmonies and understanding, give and take. Things have to go to Charity. Peppenbury practically got to know us two by name as we took boxes of stuff in over the weeks of mine and his gear!
Be brutal - Do not get sentimental. I dwindled my stuff so far down to minimum that I thought I would miss so much, have I? No!
Life is fabulous - Do it together :)

No comments: