Sharethis

My weakness

Mornings...



My favourite time of each day is the early morning, before traffic moves and people make noise. Sunday preferably, Sunday morning is beautiful and peaceful here. I make a coffee, slip on the garden shoes and go outside.
If the sun is shining as it is today, it is perfect and the garden has a tiny life of it's own. On the Telephone poles the wires stretch out to accommodate the Starlings mornings meeting place, there they sit all in a line chatting away in their crotchety voices as if swapping news or planning the days events.
Garden spiders too have been busy, not talking but spinning wonder webs to catch their lunch in. Now covered in dew they hang heavily festooned but still very beautiful. Along side where they have built their webs are the dying Blackberries, rotting down on their stalks and way beyond any apple pie now. 
I love watching the Pigeons too, similar I always think to a duck as they waddle. There are always two, a pair of them and I love to romanticise and think they are just paired for life. 
From my garden I can see two houses, I wonder if the neighbours are up yet? Do they look at me Aimlessly standing there armed with coffee just looking out at the garden? I often wonder that.
Across the lawn the Daddy long legs or Crane Fly's bounce aimlessly over the grass with no direction at all, their wings not really in use. I like watching them and their inability to fly although I expect they know what they are doing. Funny insects, at night time we turn on the lights and in they come with their random flight pattern, our face is always first choice!


The dew on the grass in beautiful, tiny pearls top the blades and glimmer in the sunshine catching every dimension of light. There they sit until either we disturb them or they fizzle out and dry up.
The leaves from the Elderberry Tree are falling today, covering the underneath with yellowness. This is Autumn in the Garden, this is today.
The sunshine is bright and warm but the sun is low in the sky, hiding behind the trees. I still love to look outside at the changes that happen, the slug trails and webs. I have to look and I have to listen, our senses make us who we are and give us those memories we share. 


  

No comments: