There are some things in Photography I cannot leave alone, editing being one and discovery, not in the sense of what to photograph next but finding a new finish for the end product. To me it feels as though the journey must go on around another bend, another avenue. There are so many roads for me to go down left undiscovered that would bring me excitement for a new finish to just a plain photograph.
I have found another one.
Presenting three of any pieces of Art all together is known as a Triptych. The words origin is found in 18th century "Three tablets tied together or hinged"
It has since moved on with age and followed us here today, used now in Art and Music. A set of three pieces associated to each other to seen together.
In this structure finding three images that suit is perfect for me, I am a multi-snapper, not of the same thing over and over but slightly different angles and views. The editing and feel comes a lot later. I have to find what suits.
I cannot go in just with any texture, I look for the tones of the original, the textures of what is in the photograph and the big question of 'does it feel right to me?'
The Hornbeam above was taken on a dark cloudy winters day not too long ago, behind the subject were trees with meagre sunlight popping in and out of the clouds. Greys were dominant as were dark blues but the hornbeam remained rusty brown and detailed against it's backdrop. I had to feel that to recreate it. This is how I work it and it takes a while to get it right and be content.
With the above image, the day was golden and full of long winter shadows in the Churchyard. Yellow and orange light bled across the ground and the whole place was more peaceful than usual. To keep to that was using subtlety and peaceful textures, not harsh or abrasive.
Yesterday we had snow flurries, the sky hung heavy and it was deeply cold. The greys and blacks of the wet winter tree line by the Church was wondrous and I could almost see it in a Triptych prior to being on screen. The field held pockets of snow and the church spire had snow lining it's sides.
I knew what to edit with, how to do it and I could see how I wanted it. this one pleases me the most.



No comments:
Post a Comment