This blog is a follow on from the last one "It's Spring, Isn't it?" so many beautiful days, why stop at just one post.
This morning on waking the sun was shining and the sky was as blue fine china. I can do nothing but smile. The weather forecast is totally wrong and the miserable rain and wind has bypassed us and instead we are blessed with this.
I am not feeling very well, I have a cough and a sore throat. I sound as though I have been eating cotton wool, all muffled and distant. I can't say I am 'ill' though as I am on my feet perhaps 'out of sorts'.
I cannot let a day as today go by without a weeny sniffter around the garden to see what is happening. I adore Spring. Life popping back after Winter and showing itself once again. On with a jacket, grab a cup of tea and camera and go.
The tiny bloomed Alpina clematis is there opening her arms to a new day. So blue and new. Strikingly perfect and beautiful in the sunlight. Below are the French Bluebells, big and strong. The hefty old Bluebells!
The Forsythia hedge is now coming out, thousands of tiny bright Yellow bonnets hanging in the hedge with not a green leaf in sight yet. Standing here, taking this photo I am deafened by the sound of the tiny, busy hedge sparrows all chattering away to each other. Thought - Do they all speak the same language?
The Virginia Creeper is being born on the south facing wall, Tiny perfect leaves hatching out in to the new sunny world. Soon this wall and the part of the shed will be consumed by big fat green leaves baying for space.
Of course, with life come death. Last years Hydrangea mop heads blows in the wind, the skeletal remains of what was. Though at the base of the plant, creeps in this years new growth, waiting to burst the energy back into making the pink flower heads that we all like so much.
I have walked around in the garden I have sat a while here listening to the chatter of birds, the Robin singing, The beautiful Blackbird and noisy neighbours of mine, the sparrows! Time to go in and let them all carry on with out me...
No comments:
Post a Comment