Sharethis

That's Nice!

Explore?

The day before yesterday l thought I would update my Flickr photo's buy adding a couple that I had worked on in my new found passion, Textures.
The love of finding a couple of free usable apps for the Mac is beautiful, I am in my element. Being a photographer for the love of it is fine but as l say the word 'Fine' that is just what is feels like 'Fine' I am not getting enough anymore, I needed more but what?
The list I drew up was endless, from the use of Filters again to subject matter to style...  That was it Style.
So I that was it really, I hunted and found what l wanted. There is so much out there available for Free too, that's nice isn't it, I like Free.
I started with a few photo's that l thought may be enhanced and work well but l was wrong, so l looked a little deeper in the collections of thousands of photo's and found some that l loved but l wanted more from them. This is where it really started getting gripping for me, I could change my own work. I could filter it, texture it, paint over it, colour it and more.
After a while of working on photos I chose a Hydrangea photo I had done last year, the flower had faded as it was an Autumn shot. Muted pinks and purples going to browns on a black back ground. I achieved all I wanted too with it and laid it on my Flickr page, that was that.
Yesterday, whilst adding another tampered with photo of mine l noticed comments so I read down thinking that's lovely. how nice... etc. when the one of them read 'Congrats on EXPLORE!'
I had no idea what that meant.
Then l saw and invite to a group called 'In Explore' well that meant nothing to me so I ignored it thinking 'Oh god not another Group request!' but intrigue did get me and I did peep eventually. It is a group where it is invite only (funny) and you can only have your photo(s) in there if your have been in Explore! Still none the wiser.
I had to fish around to find what this Elite group was, Crazy! My photo did appear, I found it in the EXPLORE group (capitol letters used by them) Your picked to be in it but no one seems to know how? It is a privilege is all I seem to know. So that is nice too. You can have a banner to say you were and I have well, why not!

 
So my darlings, this is it! This is what you can have and display it and be proud you made the grade, even once!
I must admit I am a little smitten with it.
If I get chosen again it will be wonderful but is not it's fine, I can cope.
I will look at the Hydrangea from 11th March with it's views on Flickr going dotty by the minute (3.694) at time of writing this Blog and think - That's nice!



No comments: